A Senior Cohousing Condominium Community on the Oakland Waterfront
Phoenix Commons is the Bay Areas first senior cohousing community. Over half of the homes have sold and we are currently accepting deposits for the remaining condominiums. Phoenix Commons was developed by Elder Village Development, LLC. Their mission, like all of AEC Living, is to support the independence and enhance the quality of life of older adults.
What is a Cohousing Community?
It is a community that offers the members of the development the unique opportunity to create a community together; one that reflects their values, needs, and aspirations for this chapter of life. There are many benefits derived from the caring relationships, common sense of purpose, and the mutual support that develops between a close knit community of peers. Learn more →
Benefits of Cohousing
- Neighbors who want to create an enriching and social community .
- Control over community life through collective decision making.
- Flexibility to change services, programs, and environments as the community evolves.
- Engagement and a sense of purpose in volunteering time to support community life.
- Meaningful relationships with neighbors that add enjoyment and comfort today and going forward.
- Security in knowing future care is available through AEC Living.