A Cooperative Lifestyle Community on the Oakland Waterfront
Phoenix Commons is a cooperative lifestyle community under development by Elder Village Development, LLC. Their mission, like all of AEC Living, is to support the independence and enhance the quality of life of older adults.
What is a Cooperative Lifestyle Community?
It is a community inspired by co-housing and offers resident owners the unique opportunity to create a community together; one that reflects their values, needs, and aspirations for this chapter of life. There are many benefits derived from the caring relationships, common sense of purpose, and the mutual support that develops between a close knit community of peers. Learn more →
Benefits of Cooperative Living
- Enjoy an affordable service-rich lifestyle.
- Control over community life through collective decision making.
- Flexibility to change services, programs, and environments as the community evolves.
- Engagement and a sense of purpose in volunteering time to support community life.
- Meaningful relationships with neighbors that add enjoyment and comfort today and going forward.
- Security in knowing future care is available through AEC Living.